Still, the actual main goal of SQE is to provide a stable release for NetBeans 6.5 .
Here is a list what we have already achieved and what will be part of the next binary drop. It will take a few more days before we can upload it - to allow us to ensure everything is working as expected after the major rewrite we did during Devoxx 2008.
- Fixes for numerous NPE, CCE
- use NetBeans 6.5 features where possible (Option Panel...)
- codedefect history is now working
- further UI enhancements
- windowgroup for codedefect results
- move codedefect history to control center
- select checkstyle.xml to use
- even better sorting capability for PMD and Checkstyle results
- Update FindBugs to 1.3.6
- Update PMD to 4.2.4
- Support for configuration of FindBugs and PMD based on Maven pom's
- Refresh on save/compile (especially useful for tasklist)
- NetBeans 7.0?
- PMD 5.0
... and don't forget we will be going full OpenSource at http://sqe.kenai.com in 2009 (promised) using Maven as build tool. This possibly allows us to provide different binary drops (e.g. PMD 4.x / PMD 5.x series) and many other exciting things.
Happy New Year 2009 to all of you - and see you in 2009!