Saturday, November 29, 2008
So what to pack?
- spare rechargeable battery pack
- spare rechargeable battery pack
- and something for the hangover after all the long nights..
Monday, November 24, 2008
It's out now - Cube'n (Task integration for NetBeans IDE) release 126.96.36.199.
The Cube'n team is happy to announce the 188.8.131.52 release of Task integration for NetBeans (Cube'n). This release is primarily focused on Trac Repository Connector,Usability (D'n'D), bug fixes, improving stability and performance.
Download at http://cubeon.googlecode.com/files/cubeon-184.108.40.206.zip
- Trac Repository Connector
- Supports to connect Trac 0.11 repository.
- Create/Modify Task offline/online and merge task with remote repository.
- Rich Task Editor with attributes editing, workflow actions and comments.
- Trac Repository Query Support.
- Customized Trac Repositories including custom workflows.
- Tracking of Locally Modified tasks and revert modifications.
- Drag n Drop Task Management.
- Task explorer task management
- Query result view to task explorer
- Installation prerequisites
- You will need a special version of the Trac-XMLRPC Plugin.
- The original available plugin has some problems with Trac 0.11 and the custom workflow.
- These are fixed and the version of the XMLRPC is incremented to 1.5.
- You can get this enhanced version via
- Add the PythonEgg to the plugin directory of your Trac repository
- Further details can be found on the original distribution site
Sunday, November 23, 2008
There are already a few issues submitted - is this number a hint for a wide adoption or just for the quality of the SQE code ;-) ? I will look after those, hopefully a lot of them are already fixed with the latest binary bits. For the actual list of open issues click here.
Thanks go Lukas Hasik for taking care of creation of the subcomponent and the work of starting reassigning issues.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Some highlights for Java developer:
- The award-winning NetBeans IDE for Java keeps getting better. New to 6.5: support for Groovy and Grails, built-in support for Hibernate, Eclipse project import, Compile/Deploy on Save, and much more.
- Value Proposition: We continue to build on our award-winning IDE for Java by adding popular new features and improvements. Find out why NetBeans IDE for Java is the right IDE for you- with rich support for ME/SE/EE development and new feature highlights including Groovy and Grails support, built-in support for Hibernate, Eclipse project import/synchronization, Compile/Deploy on Save, and Ajax-enabled JSF CRUD generator.
- Simplify your Python development with the NetBeans IDE for Python- Early Access. This community driven project combines the practical development expertise of Python developers with the experience of IDE development by the NetBeans community.
- Developers can enjoy great editor features such as code completion, semantic highlighting, instant rename, smart indentation, pair matching, and more. The EA release also includes a community developed Python debugger as well as the ability to choose between the Python and Jython runtimes.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Here is the preliminary program:
- "New Features in NetBeans Platform 6.5"
Geertjan Wielenga, NetBeans Guru, Sun Microsystems Inc., Prag.
- "Demosession: ChipInspector - NetBeans APIs im Einsatz"
Tanja Drüke, Genomatix Software GmbH, Munich, Germany.
- "RCP Entwicklung in der Praxis: Third-party libraries und ClassLoader"
Anton Epple, NetBeans Dream Team Member, Eppleton, Munich, Germany.
- "Portierung von Swing Applikationen auf die NetBeans Platform"
Aljoscha Rittner, CEO, Sepix GmbH, Hann. Münden, Germany.
- "Grosseinsatz - NetBeans RCP im Grossprojekt"
Sven Reimers, NetBeans Dream Team Member, ND SatCom Defence GmbH, Immenstaad, Germany.
Oh and do not miss the "pubs" section - sounds promising.
Thanks Toni for organizing this event!